I chose to create this blog post today, because, as some of you may know, I am a brand ambassador for the Yes Oh Yas! subscription box, and I post about this box on both the blog and on YouTube. The Yes Oh Yas! catch phrase is, “Stop paying for samples, and make the switch.”
I personally feel like they are kind of “@-ing” Ipsy with their little motto there, so I thought I would start posting about the products in my Ipsy bags, so that readers and viewers alike will be able to reference this post, and compare the Ipsy samples to the Yes Oh Yas! bag. Plus, I LOVE Ipsy, so this was fun to share!
1. KNC Beauty Star Eye Mask:
I was very excited to receive two of the eye masks because I have some crazy under eye circles, but they do contain retinol, which I have been sensitive to in the past.
I’m not quite sure if I will use these yet or not, but I was glad to see them in the bag because they are personalized to my skin needs.
2. MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in “NC30”:
I was really happy to be able to try out this powder foundation. The shade is a bit dark for me, so I won’t be able to apply it to my entire face and thoroughly test the formula, but I did find a really great use for this, that proves that this product is medium to full coverage! Keep reading😘
3. Belle En Argent Auteur Crème Lip Color in “I’ll Bring Dessert”:
You guys!!! I have been loving the lip gloss that I got from this brand in my January Ipsy, and this one is just as great! The pink berry shade is really pretty, and this is a very moisturizing, glossy formula. Love!
4. Meech N Mia Pressed Eyeshadow In “Caramel”:
This is a beautiful single shadow, which really appears to be full sized, by the way. It translates as a soft nude shimmer shade when applied to the lid. It’s beautiful, applied well with minimal fallout, and wears nicely as well. Love this one, too!
5. Chella Eyeliner Pen in “Purple”:
First of all, IT’S PURPLE! I absolutely love the color! It also seems to be pretty close to, if not, a full sized product. The formula is not drying at all, which is really nice, but I did notice some slight bleeding when applied to the eyes. I am sure it is a bit more difficult to formulate a colored liquid liner as opposed to a black one, but I wish there was no bleeding. Still like this one, though.
As far as the products go, I liked all five!
The bag was really cute, too!
Eye Look (My camera angle was super weird for the first few shots.😂)
1. Apply a berry shade into the crease. (I did this to tie in the same berry tone as the lip shade, into the eye look to make things more cohesive.)
2. Apply a gold-toned nude shimmer to the entire lids. (I used the Meech N Mia pressed eyeshadow.)
3. Add a deep purple shade to the outer corners of the eyes. (I did this to tie in the purple color of the liquid liner.)
4. Buff that same berry shade along the lower lash line.
5. Lightly apply the deep purple shade to the outer third of the lower lash line.
6. Apply a purple liquid liner to the upper lash line, creating a very small wing. (I used the Chella one. You can see that the liner bleeds slightly.)
7. Apply a brown pencil liner to the lower lash line, and waterline. (I used brown because I felt that a black liner would be overpowering and take away from the purple liner on the upper lash line.)
8. Apply mascara. I went for very clumpy, spider lashes today.😘
After I applied the purple shadow to my eyes, I felt like my under eye circles were accentuated, so I applied some of the MAC powder foundation to the under eye area. LOOK AT THE COVERAGE!!😍😍😍
Lip Look (The lipstick was very pretty, but I felt like it was too much when paired with the eye look, so I attempted a glossy ombré/gradient lip look.)
1. Apply a berry shade to the inner part of the lips only. (I used the Belle En Argent lipstick.)
2. Apply chapstick all over the lips. (This softens the color, and moisturizes the lips, so that the next shade will apply more softly.)
3. Apply a pinky nude lipstick to the outer part of the lips. (I recommend using a lipstick that has the same finish as the first shade that you used.)
We’re all done guys!! Overall, I was really happy with the products in my Ipsy GlamBag, and very happy with the finished makeup look.
I hope this post was helpful to you, whether to get some makeup inspiration or just to see what was in my February Ipsy GlamBag!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
-John 3:16 KJB
With Love, Leigh-Ann💖
Check out my YouTube channel👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻