I recently cleaned out and organized my MONSTER of a closet! (Watch -> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39qGeYq6Chw )
Here are the five simple steps that I used to do this (I really feel like you could organize anything under the sun using these same steps!):
1. Remove everything from the area that you are organizing. Yes… I did take every last thing out of my closet!! That was a challenge, but it made it much easier to see the space that I was working with, and to visualize where I wanted the items to go when I put them back into the space. This also gave me the opportunity to clean the carpet, etc.
2. Sort all of the removed items into piles with similar items. In this example, I divided the items on my bed into two piles, one for home decor (top), and the other for craft supplies (bottom).
3. Declutter these piles. Go through and look for items that you don’t want or need anymore and place them in a new pile to donate, throw away, etc.
4. Condense the piles that you have remaining. For example, I took my craft supplies pile, and divided it into subcategories to fit the containers that I had on hand. I put cards and stationery in the small white bin, utensils in the white organizer, and larger, rectangular materials in the larger, rectangular bin.
5. Replace all of the items into the space that you originally took them from. It was SO much easier for me to find a place for those three craft containers, than it was to find a place for a big, random pile of craft supplies.
These five steps make it so much easier for me to organize areas in my home when they have gotten just a little out of hand!
I hope this was helpful, and I hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!
Let all things be done decently and in order.
-1 Corinthians 14:40 KJB
With Love, Leigh-Ann💖
Check out my YouTube channel👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻